“WordPress is an online open source website creation tool which is coded in PHP language. It is the easiest as well as the powerful blogging tool for website content management system today.”
- Multi-user – WordPress MU, is the multi-user version of WordPress. It is ideal for people who want to set up a large network of blogs. WordPress Multi-user is also used by newspaper portals, blog networks, college websites and many other companies. Using the latest WordPress multi-user edition, you can have unlimited users with unlimited blogs as well as various roles such as administrator, editors, authors, contributors, as well as subscribers on each other’s blogs.
- Multi-blogging – WordPress created to allow multiple blogs to exist within one installation. The feature of WordPress that is known as Multi-user will make it possible, especially for those who are having websites to host their own blogging communities, while controlling as well as moderating all their blogs.
“Joomla is also described as an open source content management system for publishing online content. It is built on a model view, controller view, web application framework that can be used independently of the Content Management System.”
Joomla is also coded in PHP, uses object-oriented programming (OOP) techniques as well as stores data in a MySQL.
- Page caching – A cache stores all or some part of a web page, so that it doesn’t have to be pulled from the database. By having no need to connect to the database, the website can respond much more quickly to a visitor.
- RSS feeds – RSS feed is a method to enable updating of website content to the other websites. Such as news headlines, forum posts, blog comments, video contents as well as calendars.
“Drupal is defined as an open source, free software which is utilized by many individuals easily, to create as well as manage many types of Web sites. The application includes a content management platform as well as a development framework”
- Auto-update notification – Drupal can automatically notify to the administrator of the website regarding the new versions of modules, themes, which are being updated recently.
- Database abstraction – Drupal is enabled with functions that perform tasks which are related to databases, such as SQL query cleansing, multi-site table name prefixing etc.
- Windows development – It is now easier for Windows developers to participate in the Drupal community. There is a group on Drupal.org which is dedicated to Windows issues.
- Accessibility – Web Accessibility has been greatly improved by the Drupal. Drupal has a good framework for building sites for people with disabilities.